Monday 2 April 2012

Housefull 2 Super hit- Abhijeet Bhattacharya accuses Housefull 2 makers of plagiarism


Abhijeet Bhattacharya, the singer who was once hailed as the voice of Shah Rukh Khan has filed a case in the Bombay High Court against T-Series head honcho Bhushan Kumar, music composers Sajid-Wajid and producer Sajid Nadiadwala. He has accused them of lifting a tune from his album Tere Bina that released about a decade ago and using it in one of the songs in the upcoming film Housefull 2 - The Dirty Dozen.


According to Abhijeet, the song Do You Know in Housefull 2, has the same theme melody as his song Baje Jo Bansi Thama Karo. However, the singer stated that he has no intentions of stalling the release of the movie unlike what composer Ram Sampath did before the release of Krazzy 4.

To Mumbai Mirror, Abhijeet said, "This is about the pain and agony. They (music composers Sajid-Wajid) haven't copied the song. They have simply used the lead track of my composition some 30 times in the number. They are such good music directors, they could have simply asked me. I would have readily agreed."

Producer Sajid Nadiadwala, who will miss the premiere of Housefull 2 since he has to be present at court for the hearing was equally outraged by Abhijeet's allegation. "It comes as a big surprise and he has sung so many songs for me. I guess filing court cases have become a common habit before a film's release. We are a part of the same fraternity and this thing could have been sorted out in a more amicable manner. What is the point of spoiling things?""said Nadiadwala.

Abhijeet, on the other hand, believes that things have already been spoilt. "I don't want money or fame. I don't want them to give me credit. Neither do I intend to stop the release of the film. Bahut log copy karte hain. But itni besharmi badh gayi hai. They can simply meet me and apologise. I am fine with that. But these people need to be punished," Abhijeet told Mirror angrily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive